Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Caribbean Cruise

So, I know you're all anxiously waiting for some pictures of our fabulous Caribbean cruise last month. These pictures will be the highlight of your day, right? I hate to disappoint for to much longer so I'm going to take the time and actually make your day. Hopefully the post won't be to lengthy and terribly boring; I've tried to narrow down the 100+ pictures we took.

We start off our wonderful vacation in Miami. We stayed overnight in a hotel and next day had to wait until noon to get on the ship.













Here's the lovely Tori patiently waiting to start her adventure.














Evan finally on the fabulous Freedom of the Seas cruise ship enjoying the Miami skyline.













Farewell to Miami.














Evan not wasting any time and starting his fabulous vacation climbing the rock wall on the cruise ship.














A view of the H2O zone. This is a pool for the kiddies. There was actually three pools; a pool for the kids, a pool for anyone, and a pool for adults only. We enjoyed them all.














So, the first night on our cruise we experienced VERY rough seas. What a way to start your first experience cruising. Tori and I were sick and couldn't enjoy the great food they entire first day. I actually crawled in bed early at 6pm and tried to sleep away the sea sickness. While I was sleeping Todd, Evan, and Tori went up on deck and tried to walk in the strong wind. What a way to kick off our adventure.














This is our second night and things are MUCH better. The rocking of the ship has reduced dramatically and I was actually able to enjoy the delicious food they had for dinner.















Up on deck taking in the fresh air and enjoying the sun. I would add pictures of Todd, Evan, and Tori enjoying the fresh air if I had pictures. They were all to busy enjoying the fun on-board activities. Me.... I'm all about chilling by the pool or ocean or whatever.






























The chefs on the cruise were amazing. Here's a monkey made entirely from fruit that was displayed on an outdoor midnight buffet table.















A cheesy grin from my hot husband while sitting at a table along the promenade, mall like hallway with shops and restaurants. The kids loved the pizza place.... unlimited pizza and soda... a teenagers dream come true!

That's just a few photos of our time on the lovely Freedom of the Seas. Now we come to my favorite part of the cruise; visiting the islands. Our first stop is on the Puerto Rico. Unfortunately, due to rough seas we were delayed in our arrival to this island so didn't have much time to spend and explore.















Todd and Evan anxiously waiting to disembark and get back on land after two days of rough seas.














San Juan, Puerto Rico





















































Farewell to Puerto Rico.

Hello to St. Thomas, which is our next stop on our fabulous vacation. We loved St. Thomas and the beach Megan's bay, considered one of the top ten most beautiful beaches in the world. It really was beautiful.







This isn't Megan's bay but the St. Thomas port that our ship was docked in... isn't it gorgeous?

It rained just a little while we were waiting to get off the boat and we were able to capture this beautiful rainbow.




Overlooking Megan's bay.






Awwwww we finally made it to the warm, clear blue waters.




























Farewell to St. Thomas, a gorgeous island. Our final stop on our fabulous vacation is the island of St. Maarten. I'll stop boring you for today and finish up with pictures from St. Maarten another day.

3 comments:

Lillian said...

What an amazing trip. You visited some really beautiful places. I would love to go to St. Thomas some day, it looks like one of the prettiest places ever. I'm glad you had a fun trip and everything worked out so well. What a great memory that your kids will never forget. Love you!

Cherilee said...

Yeah for pictures...I have been waiting and waiting to see the pictures and get a synopsis of your trip. And now I have to wait even longer to hear and see all of it...Sheesh, the waiting is killer:)

I really am excited you finally posted on your trip. It looks like a wonderful time with a few "interesting" things thrown in to keep things fun.

The Walton Family said...

What a cool Christmas. I love your pictures, it looks like you guys had a great time. I'll be your psuedo kid next year, will you take me with you?