It's that time of year, time for the kids to head back to school, time for cooler weather, time to say good-bye to summer fun, and time for new beginnings. Big sigh.
Every year as my children head back to school I can't help but feel a little nostalgic over the passing of yet another year. My children are growing up so quickly. As I see them prepare for the start of a new year, I can't help but think back to when they first started school, when they were so excited about being such a big kid and going to kindergarten.
Now that my oldest is 23 I'm definitely feeling the nostalgia... thinking of his first day of school... so I dug through the old photo album. I went back to my first child and my first back-to-school picture.
Oh my goodness, such an adorable little picture and such an adorable little guy. I remember like it was yesterday, his excitement at going to school, how proud he was of his backpack and baseball cap and new shoes. (I also can't help but think how nice it is to have our current digital cameras and the ability to take better pictures.)
Flash forward to today.... Spencer graduated high school five years ago, Evan is starting 10th grade at the high school, and Tori is in 9th grade.
Evan who grows taller every time I turn around. Evan who has developed into a confident, very smart, kind young man is now nearing the end of his years in public school with just three short years left in high school. I'm not ready to let go.
Tori, now a gorgeous young woman, loves all things social at school. She loves that she's the oldest in her school and looking forward to going to the high school next year. This little girl of mine keeps me young and I love it!
Nostalgia and new beginnings, a feeling that I'm swimming in and hope to resurface before it starts all over again next year.


No comments:
Post a Comment