
My wonderful, incredibly smart, middle child celebrated his 14th birthday a few days ago. Each year when my children celebrate their birthday, I can't help but remember the days before they were born and of course their birth. And, of course, I do the typical Mom thing and tell them the story of their birth to the point that they roll their eyes and groan in agony that they have to hear the story one more time.
Evan was born during a heatwave; temperatures were over 100 degrees the week before and after his birth. It was seriously miserable. My pregnancy with him was probably the most difficult. I retained water like no tomorrow and my ankles swelled up to the size of my calves. It was NOT a pretty sight. He decided it was time to come just a couple days before he was due and his birth was really quite easy. After he was born, he was a good little baby but would not open his eyes. In the hospital he would just barely open one little eye and peak out then quickly close it again. He was very hesitant about his new surroundings. I know now that this was going to be typical of Evan. He's typically very hesitant about trying new things and makes sure he is very prepared before he does whatever needs to be done. Then he does things just perfect and on time. The best way to describe Evan is that he's a perfect child except when he's being normal. :-) He's an amazing person!
For his birthday, he pleaded for "Rockband". A game that is played on Xbox360, which consists of playing a guitar, or two, a drum set, and a microphone so the kids can simulate playing in a Rockband using the video game. He loves it and so do his friends.
Get DOWN Evan! Rock on! Oh, wait, I'm not supposed to try and act cool. My kids tell me I fail miserably when I try to be cool.
Here's one of the kids that is most insistent that I'm not cool.
Question of the day... How many teenagers does it take to light a birthday cake?
Success! He blew out the 14 candles. Evan, just you wait until your MY age. Let me tell you, it gets much harder to blow out all the candles.
Not a sound in the room except munching and slurping and gulping, which is a sign of teenage boys eating birthday cake and icecream.
This look means no more pictures. Just not cool, Mom. Happy Birthday Evan! Love You Always!







2 comments:
Marcy, I think you are cool...but that probably doesn't count since I'm an old person too:P
Happy Birthday Evan!!! I didn't know that stuff about when Evan was born, so even though it's boring to him, I liked reading it!
Post a Comment