Saturday, August 15, 2009

California Vacation, part one

The last week of July our family headed out for our summer vacation. After three years of no visits, we decided it was time to visit Todd's parents in sunny California. This year was going to be a spectacular vacation and we were looking forward to it all summer. The plan... to spend 10 full days enjoying the sun, fun, and beach.

Our first leg of the trip was three days in lovely San Diego. While there we spent a few days at Sea World and a day at beautiful Coronado beach. Have you ever been to Coronado? It's a small beach community on an island just next to San Diego. We loved it! I would love to go back there sometime and spend the week.

The beaches there are soft, white sand. Did I say we loved it? We have just a few pics to share of our time there. The only drawback to our day at the beach, were the crowds. It's a popular beach and a little too crowded.

Todd and Tori playing smash ball. Fun times.
































Here's Evan catching some waves on the boogie board.















Me enjoying the sun and sand.



















As I mentioned, we also made a visit to Sea World; I'm a huge fan of Sea World. Love the amazing dolphins. Can you see the dolphin in this picture? He's on the left in the air grabbing a flag off a pole... high in the air. Amazing!


































Bye, bye dolphins.


















The whales are also amazing. I believe there are six whales at Sea World and they all have their own names... but for the show... they are all Shamu. They are incredible!



























One of the fun things about the Shamu show is that the whales will swim around and splash water on the audience. Those that want to get wet sit in the first 15 rows.... those that don't want to get wet sit in the back.

Tori wanted to get wet.




























The splash is pretty amazing. Those whales really know how to fling the water.















In addition to a lot of sea life, there's also Clydesdales. Yes, Clydesdales. Those big beautiful horses. Tori was in heaven.




























There's also penguins....






























Manatees.....






























ice caves in the arctic section...













...and a couple rides. This is a picture of a picture... can you tell? The four of us are in the back of the ride. I crack up over seeing Evan and Tori in the back and me and Todd holding on for dear life in front of them. Funny stuff!



















After lovely San Diego... love that city... we head to Manhattan Beach. Another beautiful city. Will catch up with the fun times visiting family and beaches in my next post.

3 comments:

The Walton Family said...

I am laughing out loud at the last picture of you guys on the ride! That is hilarious!!!!

The Walton Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Walton Family said...

Did I mention your camera takes great pictures! Wow!