Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Tori's 12th Birthday

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Our little girl has turned 12. She is growing into a beautiful young woman and is a wonderful daughter. You should all know what a little hero and amazing young woman Tori is and what she did on her birthday to help someone in need.

For Tori’s birthday she wanted to go snowboarding. So, even though it was on a Wednesday we took her out of school and all went snowboarding (I skied). It was a fun family day. She’s a natural and does great and thoroughly enjoys the sport. We all skied together for a couple runs and then separated until lunch.

At lunch time, we were enjoying our high priced food when I asked Tori how she did snowboarding. She told us it was fun. We talked about a few more things and then Tori said “hey, I was going down one time and I saw this old guy lying under a tree”. Now to Tori old is 30 and older but from what we gather he was around Grandpa’s age. She said she went over to the guy and asked if he was ok, she saw he was lying kind of crazy with his legs and arms at odd angles. He told her he couldn’t move and asked her to get help. So, our little 12 year old daughter went down to the bottom of the hill, found a ski patrol person, and told him there was a man that was hurt and needed help. The ski patrol asked if she could show him were the man was, she said sure, so he put her on the back of the snowmobile and up the hill they went. She took him right where the man was still laying. They assessed his injuries and determined he had broken both his legs. He was put in a stretcher and the ski patrol took the injured man and Tori back to the base. She was thanked and away she went.

All of this Tori told us in the matter of fact, no big deal, tone of voice. What a brave thing to do! I think back to when I was 12 and I wouldn’t have even had the presence of mind or concern for others to even think of approaching a strange man lying under a tree on the side of a ski slope. Honestly, I think she was such a brave and aware young woman to go over to the injured man. Then to find the ski patrol and help them find the injured man took even more self-confidence. I’m just very impressed with what she did and wanted you all to know what an amazing young woman she is and about her bravery. We love her and are so very blessed to have her in our lives!

No comments: