Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Car Troubles

Just a quick note in between my many Costa Rica pictures.

I've had terrible luck this last week with car troubles. Last Wednesday, I discovered I had a flat tire and then yesterday I discovered the battery was dead in the truck I was driving. In both cases, my wonderful, amazing, hot husband saved the day. I'm so very grateful that he was home both days to help me!

My flat tire happened in a city about 30 min. from home. I thought I would try to change it myself.. but I didn't know where the spare tire was located! How was I to know that on a SUV the tire is located under the vehicle and you have to go through a little doo-hicky opening and crank the tire down to the ground? Who knows that stuff?! So, here I was in 100 degree weather with a flat tire and no idea how to even find the spare. Let me tell you... pretty dang embarrassing. So, I called my lovely, hot husband and he hopped in his truck and drove to my rescue. While I stood on the side and watched and gave him helpful commentary, he changed my tire. Did I mention it was 100 degrees? What a man!

Yesterday, I came out from work, again in close to 100 degree weather, hopped in the truck, turned the key, and nothing. Not a sound, not a hitch, not a screech, nothing. So, again, I got on my cell phone and called my wonderful husband for help. Silly me.. I could have just got out the jumper cables and found someone to help me jump the truck... but noooooo I had to call my stud of a husband. He didn't complain, didn't even hint that I'm a dork and a total wuss, he just drove all the way to my work and jumped the truck. Then he drove it home, took our other vehicle to the store, bought a new battery, hooked it up all by himself, and got the truck running like new. He's amazing!!

2 comments:

FitzFam4ever said...

What a man, Todd! You know Todd has set an impossible standard for all the other brother-in-laws! I'm sorry about all the car problems in the hot weather. I think it calls for a relaxing trip to Cedar City.

Lillian said...

What an awesome husband. I am sure it makes you feel safe to have him around!!