We had a great Thanksgiving holiday at my home where we hosted dinner for Mom and Dad, Glen and his family, Kayce and her family, Rebecca, and Carol. I loved every minute of the chaos and house full of kids. I was able to get several pictures of the event but I'm posting my favorite one below.
Can you guess why this is my favorite? ......... It totally makes me laugh.......... Do you see Evan just digging in to that big ol' turkey leg. That is a priceless picture and one that Evan is going to be so mad at me for posting.
Another favorite thing about Thanksgiving is the PIES!!!!
We had all sorts of pies to gorge ourselves with this year. We had the traditional pumpkin pie (thanks Kayce!), yummy chocolate cream pie (thanks Mom!), and delicious pumpkin cheesecake. The pumpkin cheesecake is something I make every year because of all the requests. All year long, all I hear is "Marcy when ya making that yummy pumpkin cheesecake?" I just blush from all the praise I recieve. (you all know I'm just being silly, right?)
Seriously, I can't take the credit for this yummy cheesecake. I wish I could. I got the recipe for this cheesecake from Libby's Pumpkin website, http://www.verybestbaking.com/default.aspx. It has some yummy, yummy recipes. Here's the recipe for the Pumpkin Cheesecake, give it a try.
PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE
Ingredients:
CRUST
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/4 cup granulated sugar
CHEESECAKE
3 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
2/3 cup (5 fl.-oz can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
TOPPING
1 container (16 oz.) sour cream, at room temperature
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions:PREHEAT oven to 350° F.FOR CRUST: COMBINE graham cracker crumbs, butter and granulated sugar in medium bowl. Press onto bottom and 1 inch up side of 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes (do not allow to brown). Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.FOR CHEESECAKE: BEAT cream cheese, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until fluffy. Beat in eggs, pumpkin and evaporated milk. Add cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg; beat well. Pour into crust.BAKE for 55 to 60 minutes or until edge is set but center still moves slightly.FOR TOPPING: COMBINE sour cream, granulated sugar and vanilla extract in small bowl; mix well. Spread over surface of warm cheesecake. Bake for 5 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Remove side of springform pan.


3 comments:
I'm so glad you had a good Thanksgiving. I love the pic you posted. Was Evanreally eating a huge turkey leg or was that just for the picture? Too funny
I know Jared talks about your yummy cheese cake everytime we are going to have a family gatherin. I don't know what's in it but it is gooo-oood (cousin eddie) I loved being with everyone too. Thanks for hosting and always taking such good car of us. love you
That cheesecake looks wonderful -
I received the angel you sent me today. Thank you SOOSO much! It completely made my day. I even teared up a little bit! :)
It also makes up for the fact that I didn't receive an ornament! Thank you so much for thinking of me and being so generous. I love it.
Post a Comment