Monday, March 16, 2009

It's Genetics

Can you guess who these people are? Those of you who know my brother or have seen Evan as a little boy should have no trouble guessing. Have you guessed...... ?


















The little boy in this picture is my Dad. Isn't it just an uncanny resemblance? It is for me. I can totally see the face of my little brother, his son, and both of my sons in the face of my Father as a little boy.



















Here's a great picture of my Dad in a bowl. :-) Isn't this a great pic? Again I can see a bit of my children, all three of them, in the face of this adorable little baby.



















This is a picture of my Grandfather, my Father's Father, as a boy. I'm not sure his age in this picture but his smile is the smile of my Father and the smile of my children.













I saved the best for last. Here's a picture of my Great-Grandmother, my Father's Father's Mother, (does that make sense?). Her name is Lillian and she's second from the right (standing with a white blouse on). I can actually see myself in her face. She has the face of all my sisters, it seems to be in the nose and mouth.

It's all about genetics. Makes me wonder what else I've inherited from my ancestors.... more than just looks? Good looks of course.

1 comment:

The Walton Family said...

I love these pictures.I totally see Glen and Stewart in Dad as a boy. And I see a resemblance in Lillian of the sisters too, I've never seen that picture before.
Thanks for sharing these.