Monday, March 2, 2009

A Good Day and a Bad Day

This is a tale of two days....

February 27, 2009 was a GOOD day. My little Tori celebrated her 13th birthday and it was a good day, a great day. Tori has grown into such an amazing young woman; she's talented, smart, beautiful, and fun loving. Todd and I are so grateful to have her in our lives.













I would like to take credit for this cake but I can't. I did attempt to make her a homemade birthday cake, in fact I made her a 13 layer cake from a recipe I found on the Bakerella blog site. Unfortunately, my attempt to make the cake didn't turn out, the cake looked terrible and didn't taste so hot, so I bought her a cake.




















Beautiful Tori lighting her candles.














































After cake and candy and Xbox 360 Rock Band, the gang headed to the park. She had a great day hanging out with her friends. Happy Birthday my sweet Tori!

_______________________

February 28, 2009 was a BAD day. Well, it actually started as a beautiful day, nice and warm and beautiful. Evan and a few friends decided to go to the park to play some baseball. Unfortunately, the day ended badly for us all. Poor little Evan took a baseball bat to the face! We spent five hours in the ER and were very, very grateful that his injury resulted in only a broken orbital bone (his cheek bone). I say only because it could have been so much worse!












This is my sweet Evan the day after on March 1. The picture does not truly show the purple color under his eye.













Here's Evan today.... again this picture does not do justice to the variety of colors under his eye and down his face. Poor guy. We meet with a facial specialist tomorrow to determine if he needs surgery. We're praying that he won't.

So, we had a Good Day, my sweet Tori's birthday, and a Bad Day, my dear Evan's injury. It goes to show that you need to be thankful for all your good days 'cause you never now what tomorrow will bring!

4 comments:

The Walton Family said...

Holy Smokes!!!!! What a crazy couple of days. I'm so glad to see that Tori had a good B-day, but sad to see Evan looking so beat up. Why does it have to be so hard to be a parent? Or a kid for that matter? Give the kids kisses for me.
I'm so sorry I didnt answer when you needed me, but I'm glad we talked tonight. Love you!

The Walton Family said...

Sheesh! I didnt even ask about his teeth! Are his teeth ok?

Lillian said...

I am so sad for Evan, that must have really hurt. You should have gotten Tori a real pinata for her birthday party instead of using Evan to hit. That's not very nice. But I bet the girls think he looks pretty sweet with that black eye. :) Give him a hug from me so that he feels better.

Happy 13th birthday Tori!!!! Hugs for you too!

Sean and Janet Eyring said...

Yikes! Having had black eyes for almost 2 full years, I feel for ya, buddy. But think of all the sympathetic girls....ooh the possibilities!