It's baseball season in the Glassford house. Evan and Tori are both on teams this year, of course Tori's team is actually a softball team, and having them both on teams means some serious schlepping across town Monday through Saturday. They both have at least two practices a week and then at least one game a week. All of this means frantic hurrying home from work, quickly eating dinner, then dealing with the heartburn from eating dinner so quickly (at least I do... well... cause I'm getting old), and then running the two moody teenagers two and from their baseball/softball practice/game.
Do I sound like I hate doing all this? Well, I don't. I love doing this for my moody teenagers and being with my moody teenagers and wouldn't change my life for the world. It just means heartburn for a while.
Speaking of baseball....
Evan has healed nicely from his baseball-to-the-face-incident. He's as handsome as ever and looking forward to playing ball as much as ever. Here's a self-portrait. Isn't he just cute? (Can you see a little bit of the moody in him?)

Speaking of moody...
Here's Tori's most recent self-portrait. Isn't she just the cutest thing? Her last day of school was Friday, which means she's free for the summer with all sorts of fun things planned. She's planning sleep-overs, shopping trips, and movie marathons with her friends. All of this will be accomplished by next Friday and she'll be bored to tears.

I actually remember those days, even though I'm old as my children daily remind me. I do remember the days when I would get bored during summer. It's not something that I can even remotely comprehend now but I do remember in the "olden" days being bored. Hopefully, I can live up to the task as a Mother to keep her and Evan entertained throughout the summer. Wish me luck!
Speaking of school and summer...
I'm currently in summer school in my seemingly forever quest to complete a bachelors degree. And can I just say... summer school just sucks. It flat out sucks. It's not fun going to school when you just want to be out enjoying the beautiful weather. The classes I'm taking are fascinating and the teaching is topnotch but its.... its... just not normal to be in school during the summer. Wish me luck with this endeavor also! I plan to have my degree complete by April next year, which means... no summer school next year. whooo hoooo!
No comments:
Post a Comment