The day before Halloween we held our traditional family Halloween party, which consists of costumes, crafts, and food. Of course food. Every year for... I don't know how long... we get together as a family with our children and spend a few hours having fun together. All the kids come in their costume, each of us brings a food item that's Halloween themed, and we plan a fun Halloween craft.
Typically we carve pumpkins but this year we decided to paint pots. We used clay flower pots and painted them with orange, yellow and white strips to look like candy corn or with green and black to look like Frankenstein or, if your just a little girl like Katie, you paint them however you want.
After you paint the strips, you then use black paint for cute faces and then glue on a wooden button nose for the candy corn pots or use two wooden buttons on the sides for the Frankenstein.
This year was kind of a small gathering with just my family, minus Todd and Spencer, and Kayce's family. Thanks to Kayce for hosting this fun time at her house!
Here's Tori and Evan working away on their pots. Tori was a darling bumble bee this year; unfortunately, I didn't get a great picture of her in her costume... I'm really slacking as a picture taker this year. Evan didn't wear a costume this year, he's to old and just to cool for things like that.

Here's my sweet sister Kayce helping with the painting. Kayce is just amazing.

I'm not sure if Tori's to thrilled about getting her picture taken. What do you think?

Surprisingly, Evan wasn't to cool to get into our painting project. It was fun to see him working away among all the cute little girls.

See Evan working with the cute little girls? That's Emily posing for the picture, wearing half of her princess costume, and Tabitha had already taken off her costume.

I wish I had taken some photos of the finished pots. They were all really cute. It was great fun!
1 comment:
Looks like the kids has a great time. Thanks for posting these pics, sad we missed the party.
Post a Comment