Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Sweet and Sour Sauce

Have I shared with you my secret Sweet and Sour Sauce recipe? It's delicious. I have no idea where I got the recipe; it's something I've used for many years. Great for dipping eggrolls and wantons and also yummy for sweet and sour meatballs.

Give it try!














1 Tbsp. oil
1 cup pineapple juice
3 Tbsp. cornstarch
1/2 cup water
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
2 Tbsp. white vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbsp. ketchup
1/2 cup pineapple tidbits

Boil oil and pineapple juice first. Mix together cornstarch and water then add to oil and pineapple juice. Mix soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, ketchup and add to previous ingredients. Cook until sauce thickens, stirring constantly. Add pineapple tidbits if desired. Freezes well.

2 comments:

Lillian said...

Mmmmm sounds delicious. I may have to make that for dinner tonight.

The Walton Family said...

sounds tasty. thanks for the recipe.