Last week I had the most amazing opportunity. I was able to participate in Habitat for Humanity's National Women Build Week. A group of us from Utah Valley University and Brigham Young University all gathered to help build a home for a single Mother and her family. Have you ever helped with Habitat for Humanity? You've got to help if you ever get the chance.
Everyone involved was so organized and professional and all the volunteers were very enthusiastic and excited to help. It was very refreshing to work with such a wonderful group.
So, guess what Habitat planned for us to accomplish? We had the option of either drywalling the interior of the home or roofing. Don't you love it? I chose to do roofing... yes, it's true. My husband didn't believe me when I sent him a text from the roof so I snapped a picture to show him my view.
It's true. And let me tell you, I have a new appreciation for construction workers and roofers. My goodness it's a tough job.
A couple news crews showed up and snapped some photos to help document the event. Here's me with three other ladies and our roofing "instructor" working hard.
This is another shot to provide even further proof of my hard work. :-) I'm on the left with the long sleeve shirt.
Check out the entire story at this link, http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=15397509.
Again, if you ever have the opportunity to volunteer with Habitat for Humanity.... do it!



No comments:
Post a Comment