My absolute favorite part of traveling through England was the countryside outside of Manchester and London. The cities are packed with people, dirty, and really not very pretty but outside the city it's just gorgeous. Here's a few pictures of our travel.
What is our fascination with old cemeteries? We just can't help but be fascinated by the history and the quiet beauty.
We drove through the Peak District which includes the area of Derbyshire. It was just absolutely gorgeous. All across this countryside there were rock walls criss-crossing the countryside. Miles and miles and miles of these rock walls. We couldn't help thinking.... who built all these walls and exactly how long it took. Had to have taken years and years.
The main purpose of our drive through the Peak District was to visit Chatsworth House. This is the house (feels strange calling it a house.... should be called a castle) that was used as Pemberly in the BBC film of Pride and Prejudice. I'm a huge fan of this film and was absolutely thrilled to have the opportunity to visit this amazing, gorgeous house.
I'm standing in front of THE house! Can you tell how thrilled I am. I kept expecting to see Mr. Darcy come round the corner. I'm visiting the house with my co-worker and friend.
The grounds of this home go for miles and miles. I had no idea how beautiful the grounds would be and how much time is needed to truly enjoy this magnificent house. If you travel England, travel to Derbyshire and spend the week with at least two days dedicated to Chatsworth House.
Inside the house was absolutely amazing. It was incredibly opulent. I'll try not to bore you with too many pictures... here's just a few to give you an idea.
Just a few more pictures of this gorgeous house and countryside and then it's off to London!
We drove from Manchester to England and along the way we made a stop at Warwick Castle. Totally cool! I'll share our adventures at Warwick Castle and THEN it's London!
1 comment:
These pictures make me want to go to England really bad! The countryside looks like a place from a dream. Don't worry about posting too many pictures, I want to see more!
Post a Comment