Wednesday, August 10, 2011
London Underground
I can't move on from the city of London to the fabulous sights of Windsor and Stonehenge until I mention the London Underground. If you travel to London, the Underground is your friend. It may not seem friendly if you take a look at the map that's available to help you navigate this system;however, once you figure out all the lines you'll find it to be a very convenient way to get around the city.
I must give a piece of advice to go along with using the Underground. Book your hotel room within the London circle, don't try to save a few dollars by booking a room outside the city... near the Heathrow airport for example. I speak from experience. Saving a few bucks on the hotel room was not the best decision on our pocketbook or our stress level. We found that within London circle the Underground is easy and inexpensive. Near the airport, you have to catch a cab to the train station and then on to the Underground, which is expensive, time consuming, and no fun at all.
Just had to share. Next up..... Windsor Castle, Stonehenge, and Bath.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment