Sunday, August 21, 2011

Stonehenge and Farewell to England















I can't believe we're standing in front of Stonehenge.  It always seemed as one of those far off places that you always read about but never actually visit, to actually be there was a thrill for both of us.

The history of Stonehenge has always been fascinating to me, or I should say, the unknown history is fascinating.















Our tour guide pointed out that so much of the history is unknown but Stonehenge is believed to have been used by a variety of cultures over the history.  A very long and ancient history, since it's believed to have been created as early as 5,000 BC.  Just amazing to be near so much history.


























Stonehenge was one of the many highlights of our visit to England.  Before traveling we talked with many people who had visited England and they gave us many tips to help us navigate this country.  Quite a few people said they didn't think Stonehenge was worth the visit, as you're unable to get close to the stones and touch them.  I so glad we didn't listen to their advice.

My advice.... visit Stonehenge!

Since we're talking advice.  Did I mention we attended Phantom of the Opera?  Did I mention it was amazing?  Ok, so on to the advice.... If you're planning to visit the West End to take in a play, purchase your tickets at the box office.  Don't purchase them online and definitely do not purchase them from a ticket agent in London.  We were given the advice to visit a certain ticket agent for tickets to Phantom of the Opera, which was AMAZING, and discovered the prices were more than doubled from what was available at the theater box office.

I loved every minute of the play, a play that has been running for 25 years straight in London.  It was incredible.




















So, this is farewell to England.  Farewell to an amazing adventure.  My final piece of advice.... visit England some day. 

No comments: