We recently had the chance to travel to California for some fun in the sun and on the beach. Todd's Dad invited us to spend a week at his home while he was away on a vacation of his own, giving us the chance to hold on to summer just a little longer.
Todd grew up in Manhatten Beach, CA and his Dad is currently living in Redondo Beach, just next door to Todd's old stomping grounds. What a fun way for us to say good bye to summer by spending a week in sunny Southern California. While there we did..... a whole lot of nothing. It was just lovely.
We did this....
A little of this......
Evan and Tori learned how to do this.....
I can't seem to find a picture of Evan surfing but he did it. Both of them tried surfing for the first time this trip and they both got up for a few seconds. Very impressive!
I guess I shouldn't say WE did a whole lot of nothing... I think it was just me.
In addition to enjoying the sun and the beach, we also visited with Todd's Mom, Grandmother, and Uncle; something we don't do enough. It was such a pleasure to spend time with them and share our lives together. We appreciate their kindness and hospitality while we were there.
Thanks again to Tim and Letty for their generosity. We had a blast holding on to summer a little longer.
No comments:
Post a Comment