This last weekend Todd's dad and Letty were visiting so I decided to have a family dinner on Sunday and invited Mom and Dad to dinner. For the dinner, I thought it would be nice to serve Dad's famous teriyaki chicken legs... if you haven't had them you're missing out. Dad was kind enough to give me his recipe so I could impress Todd's family and I must say the chicken legs turned out great so I thought I'd share his teriyaki recipe with all of you. I think this would be really yummy for chicken breast or thin sliced beef also.
Dad's Teriyaki
2 cups soy sauce
2 cups water
2 cups sugar
6 cloves garlic (chopped finely)
1 ginger root bulb (shredded)
Mix together in a big pot and add chicken legs (about a dozen). Cook over medium heat for one hour with the lid off. Stir the meat occasionally.
The meat on the chicken bone is so tender and juicy it just falls off. Save the marinade and service over rice! Enjoy!
3 comments:
Yum! This recipe looks good and easy. I love the idea of stirring chicken legs in a pot.........what are you cooking....mmmmm,chicken.
Hey..The chicken was great as was the company..We enjoyed the afternoon with you guys..love, papacito
I just made this recipe tonight. You inspired me with this post. It was yummy!!
Post a Comment