
It's that time of year for our family: baseball and softball season. A time when our family goes crazy, busy with baseball and softball practice and games. Now you'll notice I'm seperating baseball from softball, something I wouldn't have done before having both a boy and a girl into this sport. I didn't know there was a difference but apparently boys play baseball and girls play softball and it's a distinct difference I'm told. Not something I've really noticed because I've been hit by both a baseball and softball while at the games (a whole different subject for a later time) and they BOTH hurt so, to me, they are the same game but, as I said, it's NOT.
Anyway, back to the crazy season for our family and just a heads up to my siblings who have kids. Baseball/softball season means practice on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday evenings and games ALL day Saturday. On days that Todd is home from work things go fairly smooth with Todd taking Evan to practice or game and me taking Tori to practice or game or the other way around. Days that Todd is at work I'm running across our city all night long and dinner is something that's choked down either before or after practice.
I don't mean to complain because I really do love Evan and Tori being involved and away from the tv, computer, and video games (and I loved it when Spencer played also). It's really neat to see the enjoyment they get from the team comraderie and improving their skills. On top of it all it's been fun for me, a Mom who never played sports or understood sports as a young woman, to understanding the basics of a game like knowing what the top or bottom of a inning means. That's a big deal!
1 comment:
How do you keep up with it all? You are a Super Mom! That's great that you take such intrest in your kids activities and that you can spend so much time with them. I'm sure they will appreciate all your efforts and love when they are older. I'm sure they do now too!
Post a Comment