Our recent trip to Costa Rica was a great opportunity for us to reconnect as a couple. We came home stronger and more committed to each other and our lives as a forever family.

Waterfall at Beuna Vista, Costa Rica (what a great looking couple, right?)

Arenal volcano at Arenal Springs resort; a beautiful hotel to stay at and highly recommended if you ever get the chance to visit Costa Rica.

Warning sign at Arenal volcano, which is a very active volcano but well worth the risk to view the activity at night.

Buena Vista lodge has some beautiful natural hot springs. As part of the hot springs experience, it's recommended to take a nice mud bath before soaking in the springs. We had to rub the mud on our selves, very hot mud, and let it dry. While we were drying a nice, old Costa Rican came over to us with these leaves and crowned us the mud bath couple. Of course, we had to capture the moment (and embarrassment) to share with all of you.

Here's are reward for being the mud bath couple. :-) After the mud is all washed off, there's the wonderful hot springs. There are four different pools over varying temperature. The temperatures range from hot (about 110 degrees), to bath water warm, to cooler, to cold. Here we are enjoying the bath water warmth.

We are in beautiful Sarchi, Costa Rica for this picture. A very picturesque little town know for it's artwork. Many of it's residents have been trained in Italy in a specific style of painting and there are many beautiful pieces all over the town. The archway is an example of the style of painting on much of the pieces.
2 comments:
Holy Cow! Happy Anniversary. I'm so glad you and Todd had a chance to spend some quality time together, that's always nice. You both deffinatly got to expiriance a trip of a life time.
Happy Anniversary yesterday! I thought about you although I didn't call. I am glad you got to spend this time together.
I honestly can't get enough pictures of your trip. Post more if you have them. What an amazing, one-of-a-kind experience. I love seeing all the places you visited and the things you did. The mud bath looks fun!
Post a Comment