Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Thoughts on turning 40!

Photobucket
How the #@$!! did I get to be 40. That's what is printed on the lovely mug that my husband gave to me the morning of my 40th birthday. Todd was so sweet to purchase that for me, right? It's a funny present but it's a true statement of how I feel. It's hard to believe I'm the big four-oh!

Suprisingly turning 40 wasn't as difficult as I imagined it would be, maybe because I've been preparing for this big birthday for at least a year. Imagining how tough it would be, thinking I wouldn't want to even get out of bed, picturing myself crying all day trying to smooth out my wrinkles and covering my gray hair. The day was really a nice day. The kids were all so sweet and Todd still thinks I'm hot and told me so all day. It's really not such a bad time in life. I'm feeling comfortable in my own skin and feeling more confident in the decisions I make. The kids are a little older and more independent, which give Todd and I a little freedom to do things together if we even have any free time to be together. Life is good but also crazy busy.

Turning 40 really is not so bad. I think I can handle this age, it should be a good time in my life. Now I can start preparing for the big 50! Yikes! Gulp! Forget I said that.... I'm now turning back the hands of time. My next birthday will be my 39th!

2 comments:

The Walton Family said...

I'm glad to hear you had a great B-day! It's even more wonderful to hear that you are happy with yourself! I hope the next fourty years are just as much if not more fun. Love you.

Lillian said...

Wow 40!!!! It is great to read about how you are happy with yourself the way you are. I think that's a blessing that comes with age. But I have to admit, I was suprised to read that your next big one will be 50. You're never really going to be 50 are you??!!!