Friday, August 1, 2008

Costa Rica - Day Five







Day five of our incredible trip to Costa Rica was an another fun filled, exciting adventure. If I haven't mentioned before, this trip was a wonderful thing for our marriage. Todd and I had such a great time together and really enjoyed being alone together for almost two weeks. We've never had much alone time in our marriage, like many couples, so this was great!

Day five finds us still at the Buena Vista lodge, it's our final day at the lodge, and we have a fun packed day ahead of us. The plan is take a horseback ride up the mountainside, walk a short distance through the jungle to a waterfall, walk about 3/4 mile through the jungle to a spa with natural hot springs, head back to the lodge and walk through the jungle again to zipline through the jungle canopy, and finally go down a 1/2 mile waterslide through the jungle. Seriously... that was our day! Here are the pictures to prove it!
















We started the day on horseback. Here's my hot husband. I don't know if you can tell but the horses we rode were some seriously mangy, skinny horses. It was sad to ride them... and boy were they frisky and competitive. We had to really hold the reigns tight because they kept jostling each other to be in the front position.

















I'm laughing at myself and my pose. Don't ask me what I was doing! Here I am in the middle of the jungle dripping sweat and posing for a picture! :-)













We're on the path to the beautiful waterslide. Had to get a picture of HH (hot husband).













Another picture of ... you know who.














Had to show this picture of actual vines hanging down from the jungle... vines strong enough to swing on. Just like in Tarzan.
















A peek through the trees of the gorgeous waterfall. This waterfall was just breathtaking and also very refreshing.







After a hot, humid, sweaty hike through the jungle it really was breathtaking at this waterfall. A beautiful gift of nature.





















Isn't it beautiful?












































My hot firefighter husband. :-)










After another long hike through the humid jungle, we made it to our final destination; a beautiful spa with naturally heated pools. The steps to this spa are to start with a mud bath. The mud was very warm and you scooped it from these hot pots and spread it all over your body. Then you stood around and let the mud dry.














I guess I looked so excited while waiting for the mud to dry, not, that one of the spa employees thought we should be crowned the mud king and queen. Todd looks hot.











After all the fuss with the mud... it's now time to take a dip in the pool. These pools were wonderful! There were about four different pools all ranging from very hot to cold temperatures. After the hot day in the jungle, I really enjoyed the cold pool.













HH (hot husband) and I enjoying the warm temperature pool.














Ok. So now we're done with the horseride, waterfall, mud bath, and pools and off to go ziplining through the jungle.


















Here's a map of the zipline tour through the jungle canopy.








Todd video taping himself ziplining. Crazy!




It was really a blast! I couldn't stop giggling. :-)











So.... now we're done with the horseride, waterfall, mud bath, pools, ziplining and off again through the jungle to ride a 1/2 mile waterslide. A waterslide that had a helmets required policy. It was crazy .... crazy fun!

We had the option of going down the waterslide five times. I went down just once and Todd went down three times. I think after watching the video you'll see why I went down just once! What a trip! And it's only day five!

3 comments:

FitzFam4ever said...

All that is one day?!!! That was aweome! That slide was incredible! I don't think I've heard heard Todd giggle before. The spa looked so beautiful! Who spread the mud on your boob? What an amazing journey!

Cherilee said...

Thanks for sharing all the pictures...I almost feel like I was there...so I got to enjoy it without having to deal with the heat, humidity, bugs, etc. What a great vacation!

Lillian said...

Wow, what a packed, fun day! The zip line looks fun, so does the waterslide. I amazed your camera made it through all of that!