Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Mint Fudge


My absolute favorite homemade fudge recipe is called Merry Mint Fudge. The recipe can be found on the Keebler cookie box of Merry Mint Patties, if you can find the cookies. I haven't found them this year so I'm glad I kept the recipe.

I'm a huge fan of chocolate and mint... huge fan. So, of course, I'm in heaven when I make and eat this fudge. Give it a try.

Merry Mint Fudge

1 jar marshmallow creme (7 oz)
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2/3 cups evaporated milk
1/4 cup butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups of milk chocolate chips
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup Keebler Holiday Merry Mint Patties, chopped into 1/4 inch pieces

Line an 8 x 8 inch pan with aluminum foil and set aside. In a large sauce pan, combine the marshmallow creme, sugar, evaporated milk, butter and salt. Bring to boil; over moderate heat, stirring constantly! Boil 4-5 minutes stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips, until chocolate is melted. Stir in vanilla and chopped merry mint patties. Pour into a pan. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Cut and serve at room temperature.

No comments: