Monday, February 8, 2010

The "No Sleep" Thing Never Ends

Warning to my sisters with young children that are thinking that the "no sleep" thing will end some day.  Read no further.

As a mother of teenagers, your life is not your own.  Sure, being a mother of babies or young children also means your life is not your own, but the sad reality is when you're children are older your life is really not so very different.  It's almost as if you have a slight lulling calm in your life from, say, when your children are age five to ten, when you think that there's hope you'll have your life back and you'll forever have a full nights sleep.

Then.

The teenage years hit.

Let me give you an example.  Beautiful Tori decided to try out for a play at her junior high school and made it.  Great news!  She's so excited.  Whoo hooo!  Little did she realize that play practice is at 6:15 am every school morning.  This means that she's up by 5:30 am to have time to get ready, eat, and then have Mom drive her to school.  Who do you think is also up at 5:30 am with her?



















My next example is my handsome Evan.  Mister smartie-pants is now in Drivers Ed class, preparing to become a full-fledged driver when he turns 16 in July.  Drivers Ed class is every morning at 5:45 am.  Yes, it's true, 5:45 am.  Who do you think is up with him making sure he eats and gets him there in time?






















In reality, it's not so bad.  I shouldn't complain because, although I'm up bright and early with these wonderful children, I do get to have uninterrupted sleep at night.  There are no crying babies that wake up every two hours wanting to be fed.  I really shouldn't complain.... well.... maybe just a little bit.

2 comments:

The Walton Family said...

Thanks for the heads up! Right now I am up all night AND get up at the crack of dawn. I look forward to the days when I just have to get up at the crack of dawn! He He

You have beautiful, wonderful children!

Lillian said...

Cute tori & evan. They are getting so, so big and grown up.