Monday, June 25, 2012

Fun in Las Vegas

I've had the unusual opportunity to travel to Las Vegas twice over a six month period to attend conferences for work.  What fun!  Really, I'm not a huge Las Vegas fan but it is fun to visit once in awhile but after spending time there twice in such a short amount of time I think I've had my fill of that crazy, mad city.

My first visit was in March and I brought Todd along with me.  We had the opportunity to stay in the fabulous Cosmopolitan hotel, a hotel we normally couldn't afford on our own, but was able to get an amazing rate through my conference.  Check out our view!  Amazing, right?















One of the keynote speakers at the conference was John Legend, a singer I wasn't familiar with but he's now a favorite of mine.  He is so incredibly talented and has such a passion for education that is impressive.  He makes me realize how thankful I am to be working in the field of higher education and how important it is in our lives.























Todd and I had fun together after the conference and spent most of our time walking up and down the Las Vegas strip looking for new and interesting restaurants.  It's fun to wander in the fabulous hotels and check out the decor along with finding new places to eat.  While there, we discovered that there's a Serendipity in Las Vegas, a favorite place of mine to eat while visiting New York city.  Their frozen, hot chocolate is amazing.  A great way to cool off and enjoy something sweet.























My second trip to Vegas was in June and I brought Tori along with me.  I figured since she sleeps most of the day and is up late at night her schedule would fit nicely with my conference schedule.  I got up early, attended the conference, came back to check on her and eat some lunch, went back to the conference, and by the time I got done Tori was awake and ready to check out the sights of Las Vegas.
































Such a wonderful time with my sweet daughter.  I love that she's old enough to come with me and enjoy traveling with her.











No comments: