Tori was interested in learning violin as part of the 6th grade orchestra program through her school. I love that she is so interested in trying new things and feel as a parent I need to provide her opportunities to develop her talents and help her to learn what interests her. So, she was signed up for violin. She loved it for about the first four months and then got tired of having to get up early to orchestra practice before school. Tori's always been my night owl so I knew this would be a problem and a learning experience for her. This learning experience meant she could not quit until the end of the year. I wanted her to follow through with her committment to her orchestra. So, she stuck it out for the year and just had her concert last week. She was wonderful! The orchestra leader was so sweet and allowed all the parents on the stage for the final song to video our children and take many, many pictures.
Here's just a few pictures of talented Tori.
She really had fun at this concert. It's to bad she doesn't want to continue beacause of course I think she was the most talented of all the violinists!
Sweet Tori .
A little clearer picture of sweet Tori.
It's so important as parents to give our children opportunities to learn and grow both inside and outside the home. I may complain about how busy life is running these kids to and from their practices and games but I firmly believe this is an important part of a child's development. Todd and I enjoyed doing this with and for Spencer, letting him participate in soccer, basketball, baseball, and choir and we enjoy doing this for Evan and Tori. Life is good! :-)
1 comment:
I feel so out of the loop. I had no idea Tori was playing violin. Your kids are getting some great exposure. I'm sure Tori was awsome at her concert, wish I could have been there. THanks for sharing the pics and keeping me updated.
Post a Comment