
So of course I have to start the pictures with food and eating. We ate at so many fun and yummy restaurants while there, it was great! While in Chicago we had the famous Chicago deep dish style pizza, we had a famous Chicago hot dog, and we went to Greek town and had authentic Gyro's. All good stuff.
Here's a picture of our famous deep dish pizza. This pizza is to die for I tell ya! It was basically crust and then swimming with tons, and tons of mozzarella cheese with a little sauce. So, so good.

Here's the start of our tour of the Chicago river. Behind me is the river and the boat we went on. The hotel I stayed at is right across the street.

One of the buildings we floated by going on our boat tour. Two incredible round buildings.. and very tall.

This huge building fills an entire city block and has it's own fire and police departments. It houses 30,000+ employees.

Out of Lake Michigan looking at the Chicago skyline. Doesn't it look like an ocean? Pretty dang cool.

This is the inside of the government building. Can you guess what it's designed to look like? huh? Not able to guess? It's designed to look like an American flag. The picture doesn't do justice but it really is super cool.

On the top of the Sears tower.... freaking way up high. Had a hard time keeping my lunch down standing so close to the window there. Yikes!

I was able to visit this 100 year old fire house right in the heart of downtown Chicago. The guys there were very nice and I was able to get an official fire dept. t-shirt for Todd.
I should have gotten pictures of me drooling over the shoes in the stores on Michigan Avenue and other great clothing items. If you get a chance to visit Chicago take a walk down Michigan Avenue.... loved the shoes. :-)

4 comments:
When I went to Chicago in June for an eBay Conference I was amazed at how TALL everything was. All the buildings seemed to dwarf you as you walked down the sidewalks. The "el" train was very "Batman Begins" to me. I also ate at Giordanos and had the Hawaiian pizza, and must agree that it is the BEST ever. We took a speedboat ride out on Lake Michigan from Navy Pier--very cool, and yes the lake does look like an ocean. I also got to see WICKED while there, and walked up and down the theatre district--very cool. Glad you had fun, and looks like you had great weather!
What a cool trip. It looks like you had fun and got to see some great things. Nice!
Looks like a lot of fun! I have never been there, but now I want to! Very cool!
How amazing! I stopped there to visit Michelle Zimmerman, way back when, when we were both nannies. I only remember it a little. What a cool experience you had! I'm glad you documented it so well. I think you need to add a shoe section to your blog! We want to see all your cool shoes and were your purchased them!
Post a Comment