I just have to say that I'm very thankful I'm done having children. Not that I don't love my three amazing kids because I do. A LOT! I'm just saying this because of all the things pregnant mothers must avoid eating now just takes away the one true pleasure of being pregnant, which is being able to eat whatever you want, when you want. Isn't that what every woman secretly looks forward to when being pregnant? Well, it was for me.
I've had many conversations with my sisters about this and hear them talk about the foods they must avoid. In fact, I have a sister who's currently expecting in February and I just feel down right sorry for her. Back in the day, a long, long time ago, when I was pregnant I ate a lot of things that would just make pregnant women now days just gasp in fright. I ate things like hot dogs, albacore tuna fish, raw cookie dough.... yes, yes it's true.... you pregnant women out there don't run away screaming. I even enjoyed eating alfalfa sprouts and ate them quite frequently with my lunch meat sandwiches. I know you're all shocked and dismayed and find it hard to believe my children turned out healthy and normal. At least you would think that if you followed the exacting guidelines on foods to avoid when you're pregnant.
Don't believe me? Take a look at this article, http://www.webmd.com/baby/features/foods-to-avoid-when-youre-pregnant. I don't mean to make light of the wonderful advances in medicine. I'm just saying.... I'm glad I was able to eat alfalfa sprouts with out having to worry. That's my two cents on pregnancy and motherhood in 2008. :-)
4 comments:
I'm glad that medicine has come so far that they can prevent baby's from having heath problems but man, you gotta eat.
Amen to the fact that we are past that phase of our lives! Grandkids all the way!
er, you're not supposed to eat those things? Well, I have during all 4 kids and all is well. I figure if it's not one thing it's another so just be smart. Don't be afraid and JUST LIVE!
Wow, most of those things I didn't even know about. I heard about the lunch meat thing but thought it was just Ali being, well... Ali :). And what the heck is wrong with Sprouts? So yeah, I've eaten pretty much all of those things while pregnant (except those weird fish like king mackrel and shark). I mean, I just gotta eat cookie dough while I'm making cookies. Hope this baby turns out okay.
Post a Comment