
My lovely cousin Sean commented on my last posting that he was just a little offended that I wouldn't mention his wife's cookbooks. Sheesh... sorry Sean, don't hate me. :-)
So, I'm taking a little time to mention these wonderful cookbooks, called "101 Things to Do With a Slowcooker" and "101 More Things to Do With a Slowcooker". It's a cookbook that I've used extensively and just love it. Since I'm a busy working Mom the Slow Cooker, or crockpot, is my friend. My lovely, lovely wonderful friend.
I have a crockpot that has a large clay dish that can be removed from the cooking element, and I LOVE it. I can prepare the crockpot meals in the evening before I go to bed, place the clay dish in the fridge, then in the morning put it in the cooking element, plug it in and let it do it's thing while I'm busy at work.
Can you tell I like crockpot better than slow cooker? Who came up with the term crockpot anyway? Is it just me? Anyhoo, I've gone through most of the recipes and put smiley faces next to the recipes the family likes and use them on a regular basis. One of our favorites is the Rootbeer-BBQ Shredded Beef sandwiches... mmmmmm mmmmm good.
Whew... ok this posting should put me in the good graces of cousin Sean. :-)

3 comments:
I hate it when I am asked "what is there to eat?" Sheeesh is right! I love your comments and links to ideas. I am going to make the chocolate sheesh cake recipe you sent me and mmmmmm I am sure it's gonna be good.
Thanks for the cookbook plug!!
Glad you are enjoying the benefits of my loverly wife's recipes. That's why I'm so fat you know, cuz I eat all her food! She has a recipe/cooking website that I update pretending to be her! (don't tell anyone) It's slowcooker101.blogspot.com There will be a couple new slow cooker recipes on there tomorrow (Wed).
Enjoy!
Good question Crock Pot??? But they sure are fabulous. Thanks for the info, I really need more recipes so I'm going to check out these books.
Bloggin is fun:-)
Post a Comment