Friday, September 19, 2008

Speaking of Recipes...

I think I'll just continue my ramblings on recipes by posting a couple family favorites. The other night I made my famous potato recipe. I call it Marcy's Potatoes. I probably shouldn't take full credit for the recipe because I could have easily gotten the idea from some book or article or neighbor but over time I've forgotten where the recipe came from and have just made it my own. So, I'll just go ahead and take credit. All righty then!

















Marcy's Potatoes

3 large potatoes (3 usually is enough for my family of five)
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2-4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. thyme
1 tsp. rosemary

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Wash and scrub potatoes. Poke each with a fork 3-4 times. Cook in the microwave then let them cool for 10 minutes. While potatoes are cooling, mix olive oil, garlic, thyme, rosemary in a large bowl.. Cut the potatoes into bite size pieces then toss in the olive oil mixture. Make sure the potatoes are nicely coated with olive oil. If it looks to dry, add a little more oil. Spread the potato mixture on a foil covered cookie sheet. Cook for 20-30 minutes, depending on how crisp you want the potatoes.







Here's my lovely daughter enjoying her meal with the lovely potatoes. I think Spencer found my camera on the table and took this picture. Had to add it 'cause it gave me a chuckle.

So, hopefully my potato recipe is easy to follow. I don't think I've ever written a recipe. Fun times. Do you like my picture thrown in for visual effect?

Another favorite family recipe is Ranch Chicken. I don't have a picture of this tasty recipe so you'll just have to visualize on your own.

Ranch Chicken
5 thin boneless chicken breasts (you can buy the thin sliced chicken breasts or pound them out, up to you)
1/2 cup ranch dressing
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (must be fresh shredded)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Combine chicken breasts, ranch, and parmesan all in one bowl and mix together. (please note: I've never actually measured this, I usually do it by sight, so you may want to add more dressing or parmesan if it doesn't look coated enough). Place foil on a baking sheet. Place 1/4 cup butter on baking sheet and place in the preheated oven for a few minutes to melt the butter. Place chicken breasts on melted butter in the foil lined baking sheet. The chicken should be thickly coated with both ranch and parmesan cheese once it's all mixed. Cook for 20 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked (time depends on thickness of chicken breasts). Enjoy!






Have I shown off the love of my life? Oh, wait, Of course I don't really mean this beautiful oven and microwave.... my hot husband is the love of my life.... but I do truly love my oven and microwave set-up. My hot husband is responsible for my fabulous kitchen and I just love it and had to share with all of you!

Hope you enjoy the recipes. Happy cooking!

3 comments:

Kes said...

oh i love your kitchen!
and thanks for the recipe.

my dad makes something similar but he's so funny about not sharing his recipes with us. maybe i'll get them when he dies :0 oh i shouldn't say that!

ps you have to get rid of your word verification-cause i ALWAYS mess it up!!!

Kayce and Jared said...

I am going to have to try it. My fam loves ranch. I love Tori's pic! HE HE! I made the sheet cake recipie you emailed and it is dang good! My kids actually had it for breakfast this morning. It is goo-oog! love you!

Lillian said...

I am going to have to try these recipes especially the chicken one with Ranch. What doesn't taste good with Ranch on it. Thanks for the recipes! Oh, and I love your kitchen, too.