Friday, September 12, 2008

What's for Dinner?




Tori and I went to a Women's expo last Saturday at UVU and we stumbled across this small booth with a lady selling books called "What's for Dinner?". Tori immediately grabbed the book and said, "you gotta buy this Mom". I know it caught her eye because that is the question she asks me every, stinkin', single day. So does both her brothers and my lovely husband. It's a question that starts to haunt me just after lunchtime every day... a question that's hovering in the air behind me, that follows me the rest of the day until around 5pm when it pounces and attacks! uugghhhhhh. You think I'm exaggerating? You don't have school age kids.







Had to throw in this picture because while, yes, it's gross, it displays the big looming question I face every day.

So, after flipping through the book I realized that, yes, I gotta buy this book. It's more than a recipe book it gives you weekly menus with all the recipes organized by the week. Gives you tips on how to prepare ahead and all sorts of other great tips. I had to buy it because, as many of you know, I usually plan my menu each week and go grocery shopping each week to buy the needed items for my menu (ya, I'm just good like that). Anyhoooo, the thing I hate is trying to come up with the menu each week, which means either going through my pile of recipes... some day I"ll organize them all.... or thinking in my head of what's easy and what the family likes. It's truly a pain in the you know what. So, this book caught my eye and so far I JUST LOVE IT!

This book is full of basic homestyle cooking, with recipes that have basic ingredients. It's a great book that is written in great detail so my numb 5 o'clock brain can just open it and do and not think. I looked online to see if this book is available online but it's not. I did find plenty of websites that are dedicated to the same thing... obviously I'm not the only one struggling to answer the "What's for Dinner" question. But after looking through a few of the sights, I think this book is better than what I saw online. The author of the book is Jana Schofield and her e-mail is heywhatsfordinner@hotmail.com. I just thought I'd pass this along to those of you interested. I don't know this woman, I'm just sharing with you all 'cause I love ya!

4 comments:

Sean and Janet Eyring said...

Um, hello? You have a cousin with a wife that writes cookbooks!! And with a crockpot you can cook your dinner all day while you are at work, and when the kids come home and ask that dreaded question, you can say "Can't you smell it cooking?"

Seriously, we can hook you up if it's cookbooks you need (and autographed to boot!)

Sean and Janet Eyring said...

Oh, and by the way, when i saw the big question mark picture, I thought it was a red frosted cookie...until I looked closer!
LOL

The Walton Family said...

These days I'm not even home to cook dinner......so sad. But someday I'll have a normal schedule. Thanks for book info, it will come in handy later.

FitzFam4ever said...

Awesome blog entries. I want to comment on each one but it's getting late. Your potato pic looked like a pic from the cooking sites. I love food. I can read about it and eat it all day!!! Hmm, I wonder why I'm not loosing wieght.